In this blog, i would share FOSS related things that i come across in my daily life.

Saturday 16 June, 2007

Why it took me so long to get started?

These are some of the reasons in decreasing order of priority.

  1. Every Linux user is an active internet user. But sadly the reverse is not true. I had the power of broadband 3 months back. Then i realized that there is a world beyond Windows XP.
  2. Lack of community support. When i bought my computer having XP pre-installed, i didnot know many basic things. My friends helped me out with the help of their prior experience. If ratio of linux user was.... i cant even quote a number here. Few people lived in secrecy with linux. They did not open up because most of the others would laugh at them telling that linux is such a waste of time.
  3. I was not ready to learn, to search for a solution on my own


TIP: Everything is possible in linux. All the solutions are there on the internet. You just have to frame a right question.

No comments: